Parent Engagement Plan
Families have a major influence on their children's achievement
in school and throughout life. As a result of this influence,
positive results with student achievement occur when schools,
families, and community groups work together to support
learning. The Dandridge Elementary School Parent Engagement
Plan supports these beliefs in the following ways.
- Student handbooks are updated annually and distributed to every
student at enrollment. The student handbook outlines rules,
procedures, and communication information. Parents and students are
asked to sign the school/parent/student compact each year.
- A phone notification system is used to leave messages on a
parent or guardian's phone.
- All classroom teachers send home weekly newsletters.
- Teachers and parents use daily planners or communication
folders between home and school depending upon the grade level of
- Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K) home visits are conducted through
collaboration with our Family Resource Center twice a year as a
- Families are given timely reports on progress with report cards
every 9 weeks and progress reports between report cards in
compliance with the Jefferson County Schools calendar.
- Our website can be found at www.des.jc-schools.net.
This site contains all faculty email addresses, articles
highlighting school activities, and photographs taken during school
and after-school functions.
- A school-wide weekly newsletter is sent home conveying a weekly
lunch menu and reminders of up-coming events and opportunities. The
newsletter may be received electronically at parent request.
Dandridge Elementary School will establish multiple avenues to
involve stakeholders at school.
- Volunteers are used in a variety of ways such as but not
limited to: one-on-one and small group tutoring, chaperoning field
trips, classroom assistance, and social activities.
- Grade level musical performances are scheduled throughout the
- Dandridge Elementary School holds an Open House at the
beginning of each year in order for students and parents to meet
and greet faculty.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are held in the fall and
- Opportunities exist for parents to review the Common Core
standards for grades K-5 electronically on the county web site at
are encouraged to familiarize themselves with grade specific
curriculum, standards and student textbooks each year during Open
Scheduled school wide events are planned for each school year
including but not limited to:
- Reading Night and Evening of the Arts are regularly scheduled
events at DES that parents are invited to attend with their
- Parents are encouraged to attend events such as Band and Chorus
concerts, book fairs, and Spring Fling.
- PTO members are at after-school events to distribute
Opportunities for parents to participate in the decision making
process of Dandridge Elementary School:
- Parents are invited to join the PTO at the beginning of the
school year. This organization works with school personnel to
support on-going programs in the school.
- A parent representative will serve on a committee that will,
among other things, be asked to
examine the allocation of selected school resources.
Parents are encouraged to contact teachers and administrators
with comments and concerns about Dandridge Elementary School.
We believe that the education and well being of our students is our
primary concern. Success in these areas is best achieved
through a partnership with students, parents, teachers,
administration, and community.